Attractions

  • Yap Sandiego Ancestral House

    Address:
    Mabini St, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House is one of the oldest houses in the Philippines. Built in the late 17th century, the ancestral house has remained in its original state even though it already shows weather-beaten but unyielding structures made of molave and coral stones due to time. This was the house of Don Juan Yap and Doña Maria Florido with their 3 children: Maria, Eleuterio and Consolacion.

    During the 1880’s, Maria Florida Yap, the eldest daughter of Don Juan and Doña Maria, married Don Mariano Sandiego who was that time the Cabeza de Barangay of Parian. The house has surpassed a couple of generations. In 2008, the ancestral house was turned over under the care of Val Sandiego and his wife, Ofelia. Val Sandiego, one of Cebu’s famous choreographers, heritage icon and art collector, is the great great grandson of Doña Maria Yap-Sandiego.

    Believing that the Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House is part of Cebu’s history and heritage, Val preserved and carefully restored his ancestor’s home using coral stones glued with egg whites, molave, balayong and terracotta.  He also firmly stands never to sell the house no matter what the offer is.

    The house is filled with contemporary and ancient artworks, antique pieces and Cebuano-made native furniture. There are also life-sized statues, religious icons and images of saints found around the 2-storey house.

    Aside from its aesthetic features, the house is a standing proof of a God-centric home, a house built with faith and devotion of a Cebuano’s family.

     

    • 3.3km from Cebu Hotel Plus 
  • Cebu Taoist Temple

    Address:
    Cebu Taoist Temple, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Cebu Taoist Temple was built in 1972 by the Cebu’s substantial Chinese community. This temple is composed of two different temples: one is the Phu Sian Temple, built by another Chinese community, which is not open to the public; another is the main temple which is 270 meters above sea level.

    The latter is the only temple open to worshippers and non-worshippers. Entrance to the temple is a replica of the Great Wall of China. The temple includes a chapel, library, souvenir shop, and a wishing well. It also has a spacious balcony that has an access to the scenic of the city.

     

  • Temple of Leah

    Address:
    Temple of Leah, Cebu Transcentral Highway, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Temple of Leah is located in Barangay Busay in Cebu City. It is built as a symbol of undying love and never ending devotion of Teodorico Adarna to his wife Leah Villa Albino-Adarna. This Roman inspired edifice showcases not only a labyrinthine and sophisticated architecture but also an astounding view of the whole city. There is also an art gallery and museum that features books and other valuable collectibles.

  • Sirao Flower Farm

    Address:
    Sirao Flower Farm, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    Amsterdam in Netherlands is one of the places most popular for their beautiful flower gardens. Fascinating rows of colorful flowers line up in large and spacious fields. Variety of flowers like hyacinths, daffodils, and the most famous tulips give an astonishing picture that is very attractive to tourists especially to those who love nature.

     

    In Cebu, Philippines, a so-called “Mini Amsterdam” is attracting tourists from all over the country and even foreigners. It is the famous “Sirao Flower Farm” located in a mountain barangay just few minutes from JY, Lahug, Cebu City.

  • Magellan's Cross

    Address:
    Magellan's Cross, P. Burgos Street, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    Magellan’s Cross holds a very big part of the history of Cebu. It is believed to be a Christian cross planted by the Portuguese and Spanish explorers headed by Ferdinand Magellan. It was planted upon their arrival in Cebu on March 15, 1521. That day also marked the birth of Christianity in the land.

     

    The original cross was believed by the people of old to have miraculous healing powers so they started chipping it away. Because of that, the government officials was prompted to supposedly encased it in another wooden cross made from tindalo.It is now housed in a small chapel. Rumors say though that the original cross was destroyed or disappeared after the death of Magellan.

     

    Today, the cross is housed in an octagonal pavilion called the “kiosk”.  It is one of the main attractions for tourists because it is a part of country’s history.

     

  • Basilica Minore Del Sto. Nino

    Address:
    Basilica del Sto. Nino, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Basilica Minore Del Sto. Nino (The Minor Basilica of the Holy Child in English) is a minor basilica located in Cebu City, Philippines. It was founded by the Spaniards headed by Fr. Andres de Urdaneta on April 28, 1565. It was also the same day that the Legazpi-Urdaneta expedition arrived in the island of Cebu.

     

    Basilica Minore Del Sto. Nino is the oldest Roman Catholic church established in the Philippines. It was built on the same spot where the image of the Sto. Nino de Cebu, a statue depicting the Child Jesus, was found in 1565 by Spanish explorers led by Miguel Lopez de Legazpi. The image is the same statue given by Ferdinand Magellan to the wife of Rajah Humabon as a gift over forty years after Humabon’s baptism to Christianity. he was baptized on April 14, 1521. The image was found by a soldier. It was preserved in a burnt wood box after Legazpi razed the village of hostile natives. The Holy See calls the temple the “Mother and Head of all Churches in the Philippines”.

    The present building of the Sto. Nino church, which was completed in 1739-1740, has housed the oldest religious image in the country ever since.

  • The Heritage of Cebu Monument

    Address:
    The Heritage Of Cebu Monument, Cebu Transcentral Highway, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Heritage of Cebu Monument is a representation and illustration of sculptures depicting significant and symbolic events in the history of Cebu back from the time of Rajah Humabon to the recent beatification of the Cebuano martyr, Pedro Calungsod.

     

    The monument was built by the local artist, Eduardo Castrillo. Its construction started in July 1997. He and the late Senator Marcelo Fernan funded the construction together with other donations from private individuals and organizations. The construction was finished and inaugurated on December 8, 2000.

    The scenes illustrated in the monument are the conversion of Rajah Humabon and his followers to Christianity, the local revolution against the Spanish rule, a Roman Catholic Mass, and the fateful fight on April 21, 1521 in the island of Mactan where native chieftain Lapu-Lapu killed Ferdinand Magellan. The structures carved in the monument includes the Basilica Del Sto. Nino, Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral, The Saint John the Baptist Church, Magellan’s Cross, a Spanish Galleon, Statues of Sergio Osmena Sr. and Blessed Pedro Calungsod.

  • Museo de Parian

    Address:
    Museo Parian sa Sugbo, Zulueta Street, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    The Museo De Parian, as in the name, is located in Parian district of Cebu city. The fact that the Jesuit house was transformed several times over many centuries was evident after discovering a coin buried in the house, which was supposedly used during the age of the Ming dynasty. Hence it was also quite clear that a Chinese family owned the house then.

    The roof of the house was built with tisa or red clay tiles while the trusses sported a lot of marvelous carvings, sure to be the handiwork of Chinese artisans. The visitors of the Museo De Parian sometimes will be experts in the field and most of them vouched the fact there is significant Chinese influence in the house’s architecture.

    Ceramics supposedly used during the reign of Ming dynasty was also dug out from the premises of Museo De Parian, but most of them were broken although still priceless. The Museo De Parian shares a similarity with the Yap Sandiego ancestral house, as both houses’ first floor was built with coral stones. Nothing is known about the original owners of the house and the Spanish man who bought the house a long time ago. The current owner Jaime Sy, however, is keen on finding it out.

  • Casa Gorordo Museum

    Address:
    Casa Gorordo Museum, Eduardo Aboitiz Street, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    Casa Gorordo Museum Cebu was the home of Juan Gorodo, first Filipino Bishop of Cebu. Casa Gorordo Museum Cebu is located in Lopez Jaena Steet. At present, the museum houses many old and ancient relics. The displayed relics give a picture about the lifestyle of the Filipino people during the period from1860s to 1920s.

    Old furniture and paintings are also displayed in this museum of Cebu. The courtyard of the museum is very beautiful. The museum premises are well maintained and beautified.

    Alejandro Reynes Y Rosales built the house, which became famous as the home of Juan Gorodo in the middle of 19th century. Four generations of Gorodo family have stayed in this home including Juan Gorodo.

    In the year 1980, Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc acquired the home. After restoration, the home was turned into a museum and opened to the common people. On 24th September, 1991, National Historical Institute Board, under resolution number 4, declared the house as a historical landmark of the nation.

  • Fort San Pedro

    Address:
    Fort San Pedro, A. Pigafetta Street, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

     

    The Fort San Pedro (or the Fuerte de San Pedro in Spanish) is a military defence structure in Cebu. It was built by the Spaniards under the command of Miguel Lopez de Legazpi, the first governor of Captaincy General of the Philippines. The original fort built right after the arrival of Legaspi and his expedition was made of wood. It was then replaced in the 17th century with a stone fort to repel Muslim raiders.

    Today’s fort was built in 1738. It is the oldest triangular bastion fort in the country. It served as the embryo of the very first Spanish settlement in the Philippines. At the end of the 19th century during the Philippine Revolution, the fort was attacked and taken by the Filipino Revolutionaries who used it as a stronghold.

    Fort San Pedro is triangular in shape. It has two sides facing the sea and the third side is facing the land. The sides facing the sea were safeguarded with cannon and the front with a strong fence made with wood. Its three bastions are named La Concepcion (southwest), Ignacio de Loyola (southeast), and San Miguel (northeast). Fourteen cannons were settled in their locations and most of them are still there today.

  • Museo Sugbo

    Address:
    Museo Sugbo, M. J. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    Museo Sugbo is located in the former Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC). It was once called “Carcel de Cebu”, the provincial jail of Cebu. It is now the Cebu Provincial Museum.

    The Museo was designed by Domingo de Escondrillas in in 1869 (he used to be the only architect in Cebu that time). It was originally proposed to be the main prison for the Visayan District because of its somewhat considerable size when it was constructed.The construction started in 1871. It was believed that the coral blocks from the demolished Parian Church were used to build parts of the gaol.

    In its 135 years of history, the gaol did not just accommodate criminals but also the Katipuneros during the revolution. They were incarcerated in the gaol without trial and were eventually killed in the Carreta Cemetery.

    During the early American period, the carcel served as a stable for horses used for competition at the Hipodromo racetrack. But it was eventually used again as prison for the city and province as well. Guerillas were also imprisoned here during the Japanese regime after being tortured by the Japanese secret police.

    The carcel was first named as Cebu Provincial Jail during the American period until the post-war and then eventually changed its name to Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC).

  • Colon Street

    Address:
    Colon Street, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines .

    the oldest street in the country.  Spanish colonizer Miguel Lopez de Legazpi established the street in 1565. He named the street after Cristopher Columbus who was actually Cristobal Colon.

    This place is near Cebu ports and is the hub for early commerce. As a result, first establishments of Cebu are in this street. At present, it is still the hotspot for businesses, theaters, pubs, shopping malls.

  • 10,000 Roses of Cebu

    Address:
    Day-as Barangay Rd, Cordova, Cebu, Philippines .

    The 10,000 roses cafe is located at the end of Cordova Tourism Center, just right next to Lantaw Floating Restaurant. It is owned by Miguel Cho, an interior designer. He was inspired by the famous Dongdaenum Design Plaza in South Korea. His intention in putting up the cafe is to create a romantic ambience that would be perfect for couples, a place precise for a beginning of a happily ever after.

    Aside from the sumptuous food in the cafe, the main attraction of the place is the 10,000 artificial LED roses that are “planted” in the open area of the facility. These roses of about 3 feet tall dance with the sea breeze in the day time and are transformed into magical lights in the night as they are lit at around 6pm every night.

    The cafe itself has a viewing deck that can offer a completely amazing view of the Cebu Island, the sea, and of course, the flowers. It is a perfect spot for photographers to capture a marvelous picture of the whole area without

  • Neri’s Ville

    Address:
    Sitio Bombil, Brgy. Lusaran, Cebu City .

    The Neri’s Ville Selfie Corner is primarily designed for selfie enthusiasts. The mini villa opened on September 7, 2018. However, some of its attractions are still under construction. The site features alluring sights that include breathtaking natural scenery and spectacular homes inspired by New Zealand’s Hobbit Houses. Neri’s Selfie Ville has also a Bali-themed backdrop that is so mesmerizing; you can feel the similar ambiance from this Indonesian attraction.